My Coaching Project Podcast is where I connect with leaders in search of growth opportunities and breakthrough knowledge.
Jon Goyens on Player Development & Team Performance – Coaching Project
Jon Goyens was most recently the head coach of Baie-Commeau Drakkar in the QMJHL. Leading to that opportunity, Jon was the head coach for the Lac St. Louis Lions of the QMAAA league. In 10 years, the Lions played in 5 leagues finals including two trips to the National Championships at the Telus Cup. Along the way, Jon became the most winning coach in the playoffs. His list of alumni includes current NHL players Anthony Duclair, Mike Matheson, Alex Biega and Jonathan Drouin and let’s not forget Devon Leevi who just won top goaltender at the World Jrs. representing Canada. Additionally, Jon is a skills coach to several NHL, Major Junior, NCAA players including top Female players such as Hilary Knight. In our conversation, Jon opens up about the following topics: -His story and the human side of coaching -Individual skill development inside the team environment -Using analytics to drive development and team play -Coaching Cafe and giving back to the coaching community Subscribe to the Coaching Project newsletter at https://tjmanastersky.com/home/newsletter/
- Jon Goyens on Player Development & Team Performance
- Carlo Colaiacovo on the Pressure of Playing for Team Canada at World Juniors
- Developing Defensemen and Leadership with Mark Stuart, NHL veteran & Asst. Coach UVM
- What it Means to Be a High Performing Head Coach with Cody Royle HC Canada AFL and Author
- Pressure, Emotions, and the Mental Game with Dr. Adam Naylor
My Coaching Project monthly newsletter for curious leaders and coaches.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.